The First DUNE Game! ► Adventure in Dune 1 & DOS – Download & Install
For more Abandonware Adventures!
Vote on the GOG wishlist for this game!
#AbandonwareAdventures is a format where I find a good old game that is no longer for sale and play some of it. These are often PC games from my childhood that have been abandoned and I think need to be looked at again. Watch more at gamerzakh.com/abandonware
How to install and play #Dune 1
1. Download and install DOSBox if you haven’t already
2. Where to download Dune 1 (you need the iso file and mount it onto a virtual disk drive using something like PowerISO)
3. General instructions on how to install a CD into DOSBox
– Basically, once you’ve mounted the disk image of Dune onto a virtual drive, you need to create a folder for the game. I made a C:dos folder.
– Then you have to open DOSBox, type mount c c:dos (or whatever you named your folder). This makes the DOSBox C: drive whatever is in that folder.
– Next, type mount d d: -t cdrom -ioctl (This depends as the drive you mounted the Dune disk image might not be your D: drive, it could be E: or F:, so you might need to type “mount d e:” instead to made the DOSBox D: drive wherever the Dune disk image is mounted).
– Go to D: drive in DOSBox by typing “D:” and type ‘install’ and it should start the Dune installation process.
– Once the installation is complete, you need to make sure you’re in the Dune install directory, which should be called ‘DUNECD’, so type “c:” to go back to the C: drive and then “cd dunecd” and it should put you in the folder.
– Type ‘dune’ and it will launch the game. Enjoy!
‘#Abandonware’ is not a legal term but I always try to source games from Archive.org, a website that is a recognised public library and has a DMCA exception.
► Follow me on Twitch to watch live!
♣ Join the Community Discord!
♥ Want to help support what I do? I have a Patreon!
You can also become a member on YouTube!
I remove ads as direct support grows, so your help allows me to make things better for everyone.
♠ Humble Bundle Referral Link
♦ T-shirts & Merch
♫ Spotify Gaming Faves
Subscribe for more and thanks for watching!